A Microsoft Word Add-In
Cir-Latin is a Microsoft Word Add-In for performing transliteration over text in MS Word documents. User can switch between Cyrilic and Latin text without breaking source text formating.
This is a very simple software written using Visual Studio 2010 with a studen non-comercial licence. For the author it was a step into Microsoft Office development, which gave birth to a very useful piece of software.
Cir-Latin has one and only release, and you can download it here.
How to Install
Follow these steps to install Cir-Latin Add-In:
- Make sure you have Microsoft Office Word 2007 or 2010 installed
- Download the add-in using the link provided above
- Unpack the zip to a location of choice (example: D:\Installations)
- Run setup.exe and follow the instructions:
How to Disable / Uninstall
If you wish to disable Cir-Latin Add-in, go to File/Settings/Add-Ins, select Manage COM Add-Ins and uncheck the box for Cir-Latin. This will prevent the add-in to start with your MS Word.
If you wish to completely remove Cir-Latin from your system, use Add or remove programs from your Control Panel and uninstall the add-in:
How to use
Utilising Cir-Lating for transliteration is very easy. All you have to do is:
- Select parts of your document that you wish to transliterate:
- Select “Add-Ins” ribbon in the top of your MS Word and click transliteration direction (example: Latin to Cyrilic):
- Your text is now transliterated without any changes in formatting: